Catch the latest News from
MLR - MN Lakes & Rivers Advocates
All members of MLR receive our newsletter chock full of news you can use. Learn more about issues that affect your lake or river property and how MLR is using your membership dollars to carry our fight to the legislature.
In the latest issue you can link to articles and read about:
MLR Works to Protect Lakes from Failing Septic Systems.
Study: Invasive Species Reduce Size of Popular MN Fish
MLR joins with Fish and Waters Conservation Fund to "STOP STARRY"
Read the latest issue.
MLR Update 2020
Better yet, become a member and receive the MLR Update in your mailbox. It's chock full of news you can use.
MLR Update 2019
MLR Update January 2017
MLR Update 2015
MLR Update 2014
MLR Update 2013
MSRPO Update 2012
MSRPO Update 2011
MSRPO Update 2010
MSRPO Update 2009
MSRPO Update 2008
MSRPO Update 2007
MSRPO Update 2006
MSRPO Update 2005
All members of MLR-regardless of how much or how little they can contribute-receive the newsletter, and brief "Email Blasts" that alert you to events in your area, bills that have reached a critical stage in the legislature, and advice you can't afford to miss.
The newsletter is one more powerful reason to join MLR today. Why not check out all the other reasons why a membership in MLR makes sense.
To keep appraised of issues and events as they happen sign up to receive MLR Email Blasts or read them below.
- March 22, 2011 - Stop Zebra Mussels & Other Invasive Pests from Infesting Your Lake
- March 3, 2011 - Market Values down but tax bills up? Confused?
- February 22, 2011 - Spring 2011 Cabin Trust Seminars/Webinar
- October 15, 2010 - October 15th is Tax Day - Time for a State & Local Fiscal System Overhaul
- October 11, 2010 - 2010 MSRPO Annual Meeting
- August 3, 2010 - Vote Yes on Lake Country Power Public Utilities Commission Ballot
- July 20, 2010 - Restore Shoreline & Improve Water Quality
- July 7, 2010 - Manage Your Land and Cabin to Survive a Forest Fire
- July 5, 2010 - 2010 MSRPO Legislative Accomplishments
- July 1, 2010 - Take Part in the Minnesota Waters Sustainability Framework
- June 29, 2010 - Cabin Trust Seminars in Ely and Gull Lake
- May 25, 2010 - MSRPO Director to Speak at Mill City Museum
- May 21, 2010 - Tell Us What You Think
- May 17, 2010 - Lake Country Power Socks it to Seasonal Property Owners
- May 15, 2010 - Today is Property Tax Day
- May 13, 2010 - MSRPO Director to Speak at Mill City Museum
- Apr 16, 2010 - Complimentary Cabin Trust Webinar
- Apr 15, 2010 - Update for Structures in Public Waters
- Apr 2010 - New E-mail System
- Mar 22, 2010 - Stop MN from Taxing its Shoreline to Death
- Mar 18, 2010 - Stop the Advance of Aquatic Invasive Species
- Mar 4, 2010 - Take Part in the Minnesota Waters Sustainability Framework
- Feb 24, 2010 - Who is Better Able to Manage Your Land, You or the DNR?
- Dec 11, 2009 - Federal Use Permit Holders
- Dec 10, 2009 - Why Lake Shore Property Taxes are Going Up in a Down Market
- Sept 24, 2009 - ISD 2142
- Sept 18, 2009 - CUFFA Fee Increases Moratorium
- Sept 4, 2009 - Falling Values Started to Show in Tax Statements
- Jul 28, 2009 - Cabin Rentals Working Group
- Jul 22, 2009 - MSRPO Members in Ely Spoke Up & Won
- Jul 13, 2009 - Ely Special Bond Referendum
- Jun 25, 2009 - Political Campaign Contribution
- Jun 5, 2009 - Cabin Trusts
- May 13, 2009 - Final Push to Get Seasonal Property Off State General Tax
- May 6, 2009 - Tax Conference Committee: Call & Write Now!
- May 4, 2009 - Lakes & Rivers Conference
- Apr 30, 2009 - Make Your Voice Heard: Tax Conference Committee Members Appointed
- Apr 13, 2009 - Legacy Issues: Passing on Your Cabin to Your Family
- Apr 1, 2009 - MSRPO at Mpls. Lake Home & Garden Show
- Mar 26, 2009 - Cabin Rental Regulations
- Mar 24, 2009 - Lake Home & Cabin Show
- Mar 16, 2009 - Property Tax Deferral
- Feb 13, 2009 - Forest Values & Carbon Markets: Opportunities for Minnesota
- Feb 11, 2009 - Your Immediate Action is Needed!
- Feb 4, 2009 - Shoreline Regulation
- Jan 26, 2009 - Leased Lands-Federal Use Permits
- Jan 6, 2009 - Happy New Year!
- Nov 25, 2008 - Assessment
- Nov 2008 - House Research
- Oct 2008 - MSRPO Annual Meeting
- Feb 22, 2008 - Legislative Update-What you can do
- Feb 13, 2008 - Why our property taxes are going crazy
- Feb 1, 2008 - Tax Hearings around the State
- Aitkin County Lakeshore Overdevelopment
- Limited Market Value Phaseout